How to edit and optimize product photos
There are many ways to optimize your product photos. As it relates to our ecommerce and product photo-editing services, here are some of the things that will bring you the most success in selling online:
Quality: As more consumers shop online, the competition also grows. It’s important to have high-quality, realistic-looking product photos that make your products more attractive to potential buyers. 38% of consumers want to see products on a plain background, but 33% also want to see the product in context — so deliver both.
If you need to edit photos for color variations of a single product, make sure the edited images match what customers will receive in real life. Selling apparel but no budget for live models? Use a ghost mannequin to give it shape and volume.
Consistency: Many online shoppers are comparative shopping, and not just by price. Having a consistent representation of your products makes it easier for customers to compare them. Removing the background and using a white background can create that consistency. Additionally, centering, straightening and rotating the product can provide more views to build confidence in the buyer’s decision.
File size: When it comes to SEO and the consumer experience online, file size can be a major player. Product photos that are too big can make your pages load a lot more slowly, and that means shoppers could quickly hit the Back butto — and you lose a sale. This can also hurt your SEO credibility, since faster pages are easier for search engines to index.
Reducing the file size of your product photos can be done via the Save for Web function in Adobe Photoshop. You can also use Apple Preview, online image compression tools, or a photo-resizing service.
Mobile-friendliness: Product photos render differently on a desktop browser and a mobile device. That’s why it’s important to account for both types of shoppers with the right-sized images. We can resize multiple versions of the same product photos for use on product pages, as thumbnails and throughout other areas of your site.
Learn other ways to optimize your product photos to make them SEO-friendly >
When to optimize your product photos
- If you sell on various online marketplaces, such as Amazon, ebay, Etsy or more, you need images edited to meet their product photo requirements
- To create a white background for your product photo — 38% of online shoppers prefer to see your products on a plain background
- When you need to remove the background from an image to isolate and display products more prominently
- To resize a large batch of product photos to increase the load speed of your online store
- Create a large batch of main product photos, detailed zoomed-in images and thumbnails
- You need to optimize the quality of your product photos to create a better shopping experience for customers
- If you want to optimize product photos for search, you can edit them to get the right size, quality, filename and alt tags
Product photo editing at Clipping Path India
Our professionally trained graphic designers have years of experience in providing a wide range of product photo-editing services. You receive a dedicated photo editor or team of editors who will fulfill your order by hand, working to achieve the most optimized photos for wherever you sell online.
We’ve optimized product photos for online stores built on platforms like Shopify, Magento, WooCommerce and more. Plus, we’re up-to-date on the latest requirements for marketplaces like Amazon, ebay, Etsy, social media and more.
When it comes to selling online, consistent, high-quality product photos will help you convert more customers. If you’re not sure how to accomplish the best-looking product photos for your website, we’ll partner with you to help you meet your goals.