What is clipping path?
Clipping path — also known as deep etching service, photo cut-out, closed vector path or shape — is essentially a professional digital photo cut-out. At Clipping Path India, we outline an image by hand. This process allows you to remove a picture from its background, much like cutting an image out of a magazine with scissors.
Once the clipping path is applied, everything on the inside of the line, or path, is included in the final cut, while everything outside is removed.
The benefits of clipping path are that it allows you to manipulate the background of the subject of your image. This is especially helpful in creating white backgrounds for selling online. It can also help you display your subjects in various contextual settings, enabling you to add different backgrounds to create the scene for your photo.
Who needs clipping path and deep-etching services?
Whether you have a single image or a huge batch from your latest photoshoot, clipping path services are appropriate for a number of scenarios. And our clipping path image-editing services aren’t reserved only if you don’t know how to do it yourself.
Busy professional photographers with large batches to edit must dedicate hours to carefully edit all of the images from a recent product photoshoot. Freelancers and agencies who have tight client deadlines to meet have tons of other deliverables to wrangle. And ecommerce retailers who know how to use Photoshop are focusing on how to move the needle — not how to accurately draw a clipping path.
We take the stress and tediousness of clipping path off your plate so you can meet your deadlines and stay under budget.
When to use clipping path
- When you need to remove the background from an image. This allows you to isolate and display products more prominently.
- If you need to hide the background of your image without actually removing the background. This is useful when designing catalogues in InDesign or QuarkXPress.
- Clipping path can also help you select and edit a specific region, or change the shape of an image.
- Multi-clipping paths are used to select individual areas within an image, which can help if you need color correction applied to your image.
When not to use clipping path
- If the object of your image has hair or fuzzy edges (such as a teddy bear or fuzzy blanket) or if the object of your image is transparent. In these scenarios, we recommend advanced image masking.
Clipping path services at Clipping Path India
Our professionally trained graphic designers have years of experience in providing clipping path and deep-etching services. We’re masters of Photoshop’s Pen Tool, which allows us to define highly precise clipping paths. We zoom in to your images by as much as 300% when drawing each clipping path. This enables us to have sufficient anchor points to retain the natural shape of the object. Having too many or too few anchor points can result in an inadequate cut-out of an image and images that don’t look real.
Unlike many other deep-etching services, we don’t automate the clipping paths. We also steer clear of using tools such as Magic Wand for quick selection and path creation. We’ve seen, firsthand, the results of automations and tools and how it can hurt your reputation and your brand.
Today’s consumers demand quality, and so do we at Clipping Path India. We pride ourselves on the quality of the finished product — no matter how many images you need edited.